Site icon cravedfw

Get Involved With Art This Weekend

by Danielle Leahy

Dallas’ thriving Art Community is out in full force this weekend with a number of great art shows going, on benefiting a variety of groups and causes to choose from. With Fall weather officially on the horizion this weekend will sure to be a wonderful opportunity to get out and get involved in the local art scene.   

Deep Ellum Art Walk
“The Deep Ellum Art Walk is like no other art event in Dallas. Deep Ellum, an incubator of creativity, offers cutting edge art and soul for the passionate free spirit as well as for the discriminating art patron. The 11th Semi-Annual Deep Ellum Art Walk is Saturday, September 24, 2011 from 6-10PM in Deep Ellum and Exposition Park. The galleries of Deep Ellum and Expo Park will open their doors to the public for art viewing, shopping, music, food and drink. The event is free and most people can easily walk from gallery to gallery. The DART Green Line is available to take patrons from the Deep Ellum and Baylor stations to the Fair Park station in the Expo Park area. The galleries feature paintings, photography, sculpture, experiential and performance art in styles ranging from classic to modern. For more information, including a map, please visit

The Stew Pot Art Show
More than just a meal service for the homeless, The Stewpot aims to give people a second chance through casework services, job readiness, and creative outlets, such as their Art Gallery which allows the homeless they serve to display and sell their art work. The Stewpot 2nd Floor Art Gallery will be open from 3-7pm for all who want to enjoy several styles of art in one place. Their “Open Art Studio” is open 5 days a week to artists to come and create works of art. Artists can choose to sell their work. They keep 90% of the profit. The other 10% goes straight back into the program for supplies. The Stewpot is located at 1822 Young Street, Dallas 75201. Free parking is available.

Save the Tata’s Art Show
A loved local Deep Ellum photographer, Stephanie of A to Zed Photography, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and as many artists today, she is without insurance. This is to help her with any and all costs she may run into during her fight as well as benefiting the Bridge Breast Network. La Grange will host this amazing event, featuring live music, burlesque performances, and artworks from all over Dallas and beyond, with all proceeds going to help her win this fight. $5 dollars suggested donation. Raffle to include items from an Authentic signed Cheech and Chong Guitar, Tigger’s Tattoos, One Star Designs jewelry, Hold Fast Tattoos & Piercings, Pin Curl Magazine, and Viva Dallas Burlesque with more to be announced.

Campagna 2- The Show Must Go On
An exhibition of new & recent, never seen before works by both the Father and Daughter working individually as independent artists. This show will take place at Kettle Art, 2714 Elm St. Deep Ellum TX. 75226. This show runs through Saturday, October 15, 2011. Kettle Art hours are… 7:00 – 10:00 PM Thursday – Saturday. The Campagna’s dedication and Passion for Deep Ellum and Art has long been legend through Dallas. As the founder and original members of Kettle Art Gallery there are few areas in the Deep Ellum Art Scene that have not felt their presence. This Father/Daughter Exhibit focus on their lives and their art after the passing of Frank Campagna Jr, and how they have refocused since his suicide as “two that are still part of the land of the Living”.

Exit mobile version