Austin City Taco Co., an Austin-inspired taqueria located at 517 University Drive in the heart of Fort Worth’s Cultural District and bustling West 7th Street, is officially open to the public. With renowned chef Juan Rodriguez as culinary director and menu creator, the 2,489-square-foot Austin City Taco Co. brings a down-to-earth Austin-vibe to Fort Worth with a focus on quality and simplicity.
Menu highlights include:
- The Go-To: Flame-cooked achiote-marinated rotisserie chicken, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, and fresh jalapeño sauce in a corn tortilla
- State Fair: Crispy fried chicken, house-diced potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon jam, and buttermilk ranch in a flour tortilla
- Al Pastor: Marinated pork, chopped onion, chopped pineapple, cilantro, fresh jalapeño sauce, and a lime wedge in a corn tortilla
- The Bohemian: 12-hour oak-smoked chopped brisket, guacamole, queso fresco, shredded cabbage, and serrano crema in a corn tortilla
- Revolution: 12-hour oak-smoked chopped brisket, fried onion strings, buttermilk ranch, and cilantro in a flour tortill
- Baja: Grilled gulf shrimp, shredded cabbage, queso fresco, cilantro, jalapeño-vinegar glaze, and a lime wedge in a corn tortilla
- Midnight Craving: Scrambled eggs, chopped brisket, diced potatoes, queso fresco, bacon jam, and buttermilk ranch in a flour tortilla
In addition to its signature tacos, Austin City Taco Co. offers house-made guacamole,
fire-roasted salsa, crispy fries served with hot queso, specialty soft-serve ice cream, NITRO cold brew coffee, Topo Chico, bottled Mexican Coca-Colas, cold local cervezas, and frozen and swirl margaritas. Austin City Taco Co. also serves four different homemade bottled sauces, including spicy habanero, house guajillo, fresh jalapeño, and jalapeño-vinegar glaze.
Austin City Taco Co. features a bright, upbeat, and contemporary design with white-washed walls, exposed brick, wood and metal siding, rustic wood posts and beams, concrete floors, and an exterior green wall. Comfortable seating, well-worn materials, and authentic equipment and design features – such as a J&R wood-fired smoker, J&R rotisserie, and a vintage cooler – were also incorporated.
Austin is a city that draws people from all over the country and even the world, and I realized this after living abroad,” said Cameron Powell, owner/founder of Austin City Taco Co. “The Austin brand has been cultivated by decades of live music, food trucks, barbecue, tacos, festivals, Matthew McConaughey, tech startups, and Longhorn football. Austin City Taco Co. exists to capture this experience. We want people to have the liberating feeling of a weekend road trip to ATX, but only have to travel a few minutes up the road — rather than three hours down I-35 — to get an authentic, top-quality taste of Austin.”
Operating hours for Austin City Taco Co. are Monday through Wednesday, 7 a.m.-10 p.m., and Thursday through Saturday, 7 a.m.-11 p.m. Austin City Taco Co. is closed on Sunday.