A time-honored tradition at the State Fair of Texas, the Red River Showdown between the University of Texas Longhorns and the University of Oklahoma Sooners has been played at the State Fair since 1929. The big game will continue in Cotton Bowl Stadium and fans will get to say ‘howdy’ to Big Tex. With an 11:00 a.m. kick-off.
The State Fair is urging fans to arrive early to make sure they have plenty of time to go through security, not only into the fairgrounds but also into Cotton Bowl Stadium for the game. The State Fair is also urging fans to remember the clear bag policy in effect for Cotton Bowl Stadium by visiting BigTex.com/football.
Parking at the State Fair for the AT&T Red River Showdown can be accessed at Gates 5, 6, 8, 10, and 11. For guests parking in official State Fair parking lots, proof of a game ticket will be required before parking will be allowed. Please be prepared to show proof of game ticket when arriving to park. For the health and safety of all attendees, every guest in a car must have a valid 2022 game ticket to enter the fairgrounds on game day.
Below are a few reminders for those attending the game at Cotton Bowl Stadium in Fair Park on Saturday, October 8, 2022. All times are in Texas time (Central Daylight Time).
- Due to an 11:00 a.m. local kick-off time, the State Fair will open early to allow fans to arrive in plenty of time for kick-off, so plan your travel to the fairgrounds accordingly.
- Official State Fair parking lots and entry gates will open at 8:00 a.m.
- Parking in official State Fair of Texas parking lots will be restricted to ticketholders and staff with permits.
- Valid 2022 game tickets must be presented to enter the parking lot and fairgrounds.
- Parking is $20 per car and can be accessed at Gates 5, 6, 8, 10, and 11. Daytime parking only. Payment options include cash, credit/debit cards, and Apple/Google Pay.
- There is available disabled parking in all lots and will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Rideshare (taxi, Uber, Lyft, Alto, etc.) drop off and pick up will be located at the Gate 1, which is located at Gurley Ave & S. Haskell Ave
- For the health and safety of all attendees, appropriate cloth or surgical-style masks that cover the nose and mouth completely will be required at all times while on campus of the State Fair and in Cotton Bowl Stadium.
- Outdoor concessions, including some of your State Fair favorites, will open at 8:00 a.m. Payment options include cash or credit/debit cards.
- Gates into Cotton Bowl Stadium and concessions inside the stadium will open at 9:00 a.m.
- To facilitate the safest entry into the stadium, fans will be required to enter Cotton Bowl Stadium at the assigned gate listed on their ticket and all tickets will be scanned upon entry to the stadium. Tickets will indicate gate entry based on seat location.
- For the safety of all game attendees, a clear bag policy continues to be in effect for all events at Cotton Bowl Stadium within Fair Park. Visit BigTex.com/football for more details.
- DART trains and buses will become more crowded as game-time approaches and at locations closer to Fair Park.
- The Fair has enhanced its metal detection procedures at all pedestrian gates to include walkthrough metal detectors. Please read any signage and listen to gate attendants for directions upon entry.
- For a list of prohibited items in the Cotton Bowl, visit BigTex.com/football.