by Steven Doyle
It’s that time of year ago when hearts think amore, and our tummies think chocolate. One of our favorite chocolatiers in Dallas is putting together a pretty special one-stop-shop pop-up venue. And they really all chocolatiers are our favorite because, you know, chocolate.
Look for Katy Priore, owner of Bark Chocolate, and a slew of her creative friends who will situate themselves at an open house deep in the heart of Lakewood. The group will be offering all sorts of gifts including confections, crafts, clothing, work from local artists and more. Ten percent of sales from all vendors will go to DFW RESCUE ME, a Dallas-based dog rescue group committed to giving pups “a new leash on life”.
And did we mention the event will take place at an open house? Urban Scene Reality partnered with the local artisans so you will also have an opportunity to purchase a home for your loved one.
As a bonus, guests will enjoy snacks and mimosas along with handmade candles, greeting cards, succulent gardens, chocolate, bacon jam, all natural dog treats, clothing, skin care products and more. Plus bad ass art from local artists, too.
The big event takes place on February 11, 2017 from 11am to 4pm at 5820 Velasco Avenue Dallas, TX 75206. This is a pet friendly event.
Here is a list of participants as of this writing, not including the artists who will be showing:
- Bark Chocolate | locally made chocolate bark & specially made Valentine’s Day Chocolate Lollipops Bark Chocolate
- B Really Happy Candles | All-natural, scented-soy candles made here in the Big D
- Dalpaca | Cruelty-free, Peruvian Alpaca clothing & Accessories
- Good Fox Skin Care | plant-based skincare products
- Guthrie’s Catering | Bacon Jam for the pig in your life
- Jak Snaks | all-natural & locally made dog treats
- Lularoe Clothing | Where women’s fashion meets comfort
- Sac Gardens | succulent & cacti arrangements
- Things for My Friends | Handmade greeting cards straight out of Dallas Things For My Friends