Mark your calendar for Saturday, March 25th (2 to 6pm) and consider skipping breakfast that morning, because the Ivy Tavern is hosting its first annual Chili Cookoff. For three in a half glorious hours, interested parties can stroll about, sampling chili from eight different teams, drinking $4 wells and $3 domestics, and enjoying some tunes from Whiskey Pants.
Each chili will be unique, but you’ll have to try all of them to see how these chili buffs make it their own. For just $10, attendees can taste all the chili and vote for their favorite before the Ivy Tavern crowns a winner and bestows said winner with the coveted Trophy Skillet.
The line-up of chili-makers are superb, and points to the female entrant for her killer name – Nguyening Chili. If you have not been to the Ivy in a fast minute, we are sure you will enjoy the recent face lift.
The participating chili cooks are as follows:
- Chef David Rodriguez – The Ivy Tavern
- Rodman Shields – Common Table
- Jeremy Scott – Tuttas Pizza
- Jose Diaz – OneEyedJoe Brands
- Neira Garcia – Latina Flava Chili
- Christina Nguyen – Nguyening Chili
- Timmy Husted – Bad Decisions Chili
- Matt Mankin – Texas Chili Dawgs
- Gennaro Franconni – Gino’s Chili
One response to “The Ivy Tavern Chili Cook Off March 25th”
Reblogged this on Mremanne's Blog.