With a new year and healthy eating on everyone’s brain, Village Burger Bar announced its new Kids Fit Menu that will be available in February. A menu that was made for kids by kids, specifically local Texas ProStart culinary students, at the November 2019 Kids Fit Menu Invitational in Dallas.
The dishes were vetted through Medical City Hospital and judged by Village Burger Bar. The restaurant’s new Kids Fit Menu, which is outlined below, will feature three new dishes and expand the number of fresh and nutritious dining options available for guests.
- Grilled Turkey & Cheese: half sandwich with turkey, Swiss cheese and mustard on white bread
- This dish was created by local culinary students at Jack E. Singley Academy (Irving ISD).
- Grilled Chicken Panini: marinated chicken breast, Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato slice and mayo on sourdough bread
- This dish was created by local culinary students at Mesquite High School (Mesquite ISD).
- Grilled Chicken Strips: marinated grilled chicken breast strips
A Kids Fit meal features two servings of fruits and vegetables, is nutritionally balanced, and is designed for diners age 12 and under. In addition, the restaurant made a total donation of $1,000 to Mesquite High School and Jack E. Singley Academy for creating the winning dishes at the invitational. This contribution will advance the culinary education of students at the local schools.