Some of the country’s most celebrated “meat loving” chefs will come together for one night at The Eye at The Joule Hotel for a new Saturday night party during this year’s Chefs For Farmers. The Butcher Block Party on October 24 from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. will feature over a dozen chefs in stations around the park showcasing incredible butchered-inspired dishes to enjoy. Along with the meat offerings, patrons can sip local beer, carefully paired wines, and crafted cocktails by area bartenders including Michael Martensen from Proof + Pantry & the new Madrina, plus special guest bartender Alba Huerta from Julep Bar in Houston.
Featured national and local chefs:
• John Tesar, Knife, Dallas
• Andrew Wiseheart, Contigo and Gardner, Austin, TX
• Annie Pettry, Decca, Louisville, KY
• Brian Zenner, The Walk-In, The Mitchell, On Premise, Dallas, TX
• Craig Deihl, Cypress and Artisan Meat Share, Charleston, SC
• Danyele McPherson, Remedy, HG SPLY CO., Dallas, TX
• David Uygur, Lucia, Dallas, TX
• Jim Christiansen, Heyday, Minneapolis, MN
• Justin Brunson, Old Major, Denver, CO
• Laurel Wimberg, LARK on the Park, Dallas, TX
• Matt Bolus, The 404 Kitchen, Nashville, TN
• Misti Norris, Small Brewpub, Dallas, TX
• Richard Blankenship, CBD Provisions, Dallas, TX
• Ryan Pera, Revival Market, Houston, TX
• Sarah Snow, The Grape Restaurant, Dallas, TX
• Steve McHugh, CURED, San Antonio, TX
Chefs for Farmers showcases the talents of Dallas’s best chefs and food artisans while celebrating the farmers that make great food possible. In one calorie-filled weekend, October 23-25, the event pays tribute to Dallas as an emerging food city through incredible events that highlight the entire culinary ecosystem in North Texas and beyond.
Chefs for Farmers is committed to supporting local charitable causes. A portion of the proceeds go directly to participating farmers where each farmer receives a check so funds can be put right into their farms immediately following the event. Additionally, proceeds from our events go to Café Momentum, a Dallas-based restaurant and culinary training facility that equips our community’s most at-risk youth with life skills, education, and employment opportunities.