“Gourmet, artisanal, natural, the way nature intended.” That’s the philosophy at locally owned Berrynaked, which is taking its artful, trend-setting popsicles northward with the June opening of a flagship location in Richardson. The grand opening event, benefiting the American Heart Association, is set for Saturday, June 17. Berrynaked also just signed with the massive new Legacy Hall at Legacy West in Plano, with plans to open its stall in early September.
Building on the success of Berrynaked’s Inwood Village location in Dallas, the new Richardson shop will be the first to premiere a brand new Berrynaked product: a line of superfood-focused purée bowls categorized as “Soulful” along with a line of “Sinful” dessert purée bowls.
“We are thrilled to expand to Richardson, sharing Berrynaked’s healthy philosophy and exceptional products with more of our DFW community,” said Heather Kim, who created and co-owns Berrynaked. “Our Richardson flagship store is a bit different than our Inwood Location. We are not only introducing a completely new product line, but also offering more of a café experience with often-requested table seating and sofas with free Wi-Fi. We encourage any of our customers to enjoy a more relaxed environment, to study, to surf, to converse, and to participate. It’s exciting to see our dream grow with the opening of our second shop and the launch of our new purée bowls.”
The Berrynaked Richardson location will launch the new Berrynaked purée bowls alongside its already popular pops. Just in time for summer, the purée bowls are a fruit purèe-based snack or meal-replacement and are made-to-order, so customers can enjoy a customized creation with a selection of delicious ingredients and toppings. The purée bowls are divided into two categories:
- Soulful – Superfood focused bowl, with flavors like Pitaya (dragon fruit), açai, and matcha protein bowl topped with fresh fruits, and nutritious toppings such as hemp hearts, bee pollen, coconut shavings, goji berries, and cacao nibs.
- Sinful – Dessert bowl featuring familiar flavors like Strawberry Creme, Cookies n’ Cream and more adventurous concoctions like Hazelnut-butter Banana and Avocado Coconut presented in a waffle bowl with various sweet toppings and drizzles.
Berrynaked in Richardson will also feature its deliciously popular pops all locally made with fresh, natural, and organic ingredients whenever possible. The gourmet pops come in a wide selection of flavors in four categories:
- Signature — Quintessential pop, with flavors like Prickly Pear Lemonade, Hibiscus Raspberry and Carrot Orange. 50-70 calories
- Luxe — A little decadence. A lot of luxury with flavors ranging from Chocolate (made scratch from organic cacao) and Strawberry Cream to vegan friendly options such as Avocodo Coconut and Key Lime Coconut Cream. 90-150 calories
- Vitality — Superfoods for the health nut, from Hydrate (made with coconut water with slices of seasonal fruit) to Green Power (kale, avocado, banana, and lime). 60-90 calories
- Crazy — No rules. Fun. Extreme. Amazing. Pick your treat, from Cookies n’ Cream to Azuki Bean Mochi to Blueberry Cobbler with Piecrust. 120-200 calories.
For a bit more indulgence, have Berrynaked’s “pop artists” dip your pop with white chocolate or Belgian dark chocolate drizzles and assorted toppings.
“Our food is elegantly simple – we use natural and fresh ingredients in our popsicles and purées. However, our Berrynaked story isn’t only about what we put in our foods — it is also about what we don’t put in them: no preservatives, no artificial sugars, no color dyes, no processed ingredients, and no fillers,” said Heather.