Uncommon Ramen Curbside, the popular chef collaboration series launches as a curbside offering. Every Month, Mondays only, Uchibā will have available on the
curbside menu a ramen dish from a past Uncommon Ramen Series collaboration, as well as a standing vegetarian option. Uncommon Ramen, which launched in 2017 as a monthly pop-up event, has featured memorable ramen dishes created by renowned chefs from around the country in collaboration with Chef de Cuisine Alex Astranti. The schedule of ramen dishes now available as a Mondays-only curbside option and rotating each month includes:
● October 2020 – Tommy Lee’s sesame tonkotsu, chicken chasu, pickled perilla leaves, egg ($15)
● November 2020 – Tyson Cole’s chicken shio, spicy chicken confit, pickled cabbage, radish, trinity herbs, egg ($16)
● December 2020 – Don Angie’s mortadella-cheese tonkotsu, chicken meatball, pickled mustard greens, ajitama egg ($17)
● January 2021 – Chris Shepherd’s Harissa-tahini tonkotsu, braised lamb, smoked beets, black lime, marinated egg ($17)
● February 2021 – Aaron Franklin’s pho broth, smoked beef, charred mushrooms, pickled red onion, marinated egg, herbs ($16)
● March 2021 – John Tesar’s beef broth, prime rib, charred onion, mayu, egg, pickled potato, horseradish ($18)
The Monday menus will also include a recurring vegetarian ramen mushroom broth, grilled king trumpet, bean sprouts, pickled honshimeji, mapo oil, egg ($14),as well as the Arabiki Dog ($7), which will vary from month to month.
Every (and only) Monday, Curbside Only with limited availability, starting Oct. 5, 2020
Guests reserving online are asked to select party size and the desired day and time of curbside takeout; an Uchibā manager will call guests 30-45 minutes prior to reserved pick-up time to take order and payment.