Since opening in October, Chimichurri has provided the vibrant Bishop Arts District with a new home for authentic Argentinian food, South American wines and creative cocktails. Now, the restaurant—which features a dining room complete with wine bottle chandeliers and colorful murals—is launching weekend brunch.
Available each Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., the brunch menu will feature midday favorites and eye-opening drinks to help you start your weekend right. Whet your appetite with these select items:
· Empanadas: Choose from beef, spicy beef, ham and cheese, and bacon, onion and fennel
· Empanada Benedict: Two empanadas stuffed with ham, mozzarella cheese, poached egg and hollandaise
· Omelet de la Casa: Cherry tomatoes, wild mushrooms, bacon and cheese with a choice of a mixed greens salad or Patagonian potatoes
· Choripán Tradicional: The classic chorizo sandwich served with chimichurri and salsa criolla
· Calabresa Picante Pizza: Tomato sauce, mozzarella, Calabrian salami, banana peppers, chili peppers, garlic and olives
The cocktail menu was created by accomplished local barman, James Slater (Knife, Five-Sixty, Network Bar), who mixed up concoctions perfect for day-drinking. Try the Mimosa and Sangria, which are both available by the glass or by the carafe, if you’re sharing with friends, and be sure to try the Green Bloody Mary made with tomatillos. The full drinks menu is also available, with a variety of Argentinian wines and craft cocktails, like the Evita (rye, Aperol, lemon strawberry syrup, mint).
Brunch is available Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The dining room has plenty of space for indoor seating.
Chimichurri is located at 324 W 7th Street in the Bishop Arts neighborhood of Oak Cliff. For more information, please visit chimichurribishoparts.com.