by Steven Doyle
This started as a social media post and decided it was too important not to share it with every Crave reader.
Green and Yellow Chartreuse has been made by Carthusian monks since 1737 according to instructions set out in a manuscript given to them by François Annibal d’Estrées in 1605. It was named after the monks’ Grande Chartreuse monastery, located in the Chartreuse Mountains north of Grenoble. Today the liqueur is produced in their distillery in nearby Aiguenoire.Continue reading