by Steve Doyle
Presented by the Prestonwood Polo & Country Club’s Ladies Polo Auxiliary and the Prestonwood Polo Foundation, the annual Polo on the Lawn event features a Kentucky-Derby-themed afternoon of polo with fast-paced action, thoroughbred beauties, champagne divot stomping, and sideline socializing. Set each year on Derby Day (with live broadcast viewing in the pavilion), Polo on the Lawn aims to introduce the Sport of Kings to a broader audience while raising funds and awareness for important community causes, raising approximately $500,000 to date. The 13th annual Polo on the Lawn event, May 3, 2014, will benefit Project Transformation in serving low-income children and youth in North Texas.
Dress for the Derby for the 13th annual Polo on the Lawn, a fun-filled Kentucky Derby-themed afternoon on the sidelines of a USPA sanctioned polo match. Enjoy live music, silent auction, games, and watch the Derby broadcast live in the pavilion while sipping champagne for the divot stomp or a Mint Julep/cocktail by star bartender Amber West of Caledonia Spirits. Celebrity judges will award amazing prizes for Best Derby Hat, Best Picnic, Best Tailgate and Best Dressed Lady, Gentleman, Child and Family. Children will enjoy fun activities like bounce houses and face painting. The event raises funds and awareness for Project Transformation and their work to support Dallas’ low-income children and youth with free literacy and educational programs. Get more information on participants, contest judges and prizes, and other event updates, follow Facebook and Twitter.
- VIP Tickets – $150 per person$75 Half-Price Flash Sale Thru April 22
- Full-service Grandstand Box seating with catered meal, wine and libations, commemorative champagne glass, exclusive swag bag, and more.
- Sponsorship packages also available for group packages.
- General Admission – $45 per person (Free for children under 12)
- Admission for tailgating and lawn/picnic seating, plus champagne in a commemorative glass, and more. BYOB and picnic or purchase from one of the many food trucks.
When: Saturday, May 3, 2014 — 3 p.m. Polo match begins 4 p.m., followed by special halftime festivities/champagne divot stomp, and live Kentucky Derby broadcast at 5:15pm.
Where: Prestonwood Polo & Country Club 525 Yacht Club Road, Oak Point