Photo Wagon to take complimentary pictures in Dallas’ first mobile photo booth. Or, take a one-of-a-kind photo with Poncho the Miniature Donkey. Yes, you heard that correctly…a live miniature donkey.
“Cinco de Mayo is one of the most festive holidays of the year, so we knew we had to make it grande,” said Kyle Noonan, co-owner of FreeRange Concepts. “With a huge outdoor patio, award-winning margaritas and a live miniature donkey, The Rustic really is the perfect place to get your Cinco on.”
Of course, you’ll need some grub to accompany the margarita, and The Rustic will be serving Texican staples all day, including:
- Joe Leo Tacos with Bacon Fat Tortillas
- Brisket – hard-wood smoked with ancho chile, brown sugar
- Sweet Potato Picadillo – cumin, hot paprika, pumpkin seeds, roasted poblanos
- Chicken Tinga – tomatillo, fresh oregano, chipotle
- Carnitas – slow-cooked pork shoulder with orange peel, garlic, chile de árbol
- Brisket Quesadilla – flour tortilla stuffed with smoked brisket, Mexican cheese blend and pico de gallo, served with chunky avocado salad
Entry into the fiesta is free. For more event information, visit The Rustic’s Cinco de Mayo Facebook page.