The arrival of the Box Garden at Legacy Hall not only brings the ultimate, three-story patio, happy hour and entertainment experience to Plano, it also adds five new bars to the food hall’s diverse lineup of vendors: Idol Time Tiki Bar, Hawaiian Shaved Ice Stand, Stillhouse Lounge, Lunazul Tequila Bar and Unlawful Assembly Outpost.
President of The Food Hall Co. Jack Gibbons enlisted the expertise of well-known bar expert Sean Conner to conceptualize the menus for Idol Time Tiki Bar and the Hawaiian Shaved Ice Stand. Conner worked with Gibbons and Front Burner Restaurants, LP to develop the bar programs for Whiskey Cake and Mexican Sugar, before opening his own brands.
“I was excited when Jack told me about this opportunity because I knew that I would get to use my background as a Hawaiian native and share my love for the tiki lifestyle with guests of the Box Garden,” said Conner. “Tiki is more of a lifestyle or state of mind. With this as inspiration, I created a mix of classic and original tiki cocktails designed to transport guests to a place where troubles are far and sandy beaches are near, even if it’s only for the length of a drink.”
Creating a variety of libations that are sure to please every palate, the new bars include:
- Idol Time Tiki Bar – This is the place where you can discover an updated and alluring version of the classic tiki cocktail and get a break from the real world, even if it’s just for the length of a drink. Tapped and shaken, these cocktails will transport you to crashing waves and calmer days.
- Hawaiian Shaved Ice Stand – Suntan lines, salty ocean breezes and the sweet smell of sunscreen; take a mental beach vacation at the Hawaiian Shaved Ice Stand. Think bright, sweet flavors, mounds of fluffy white ice and for some extra summertime love, splash in your favorite spirit.
- Stillhouse Lounge – This TX Stillhouse is a little taste of Texas in a glass. Just like this great state, the Stillhouse beers and cocktails offer a diverse background of ingredients, tastes and style. The cocktails are crafted with the Texas heat in mind and are like kryptonite to a rising heat index. Meant to be enjoyed while relaxing and taking in all that the Box Garden has to offer.
- Lunazul Tequila Bar – Lunazul doesn’t use store bought margarita mix (eww). All of the juices at this tequila bar are fresh squeezed daily because you deserve nothing but the best. Lunazul’s margaritas are slightly tart, a little sweet and absolutely refreshing.
- Unlawful Assembly Outpost – Unlawful Assembly beers were made to pair well with food and play well with others, so enjoy a selection of signature and seasonal beers at the ground floor outpost while taking in the sights and sounds of the Box Garden. Looking for limited releases or collaborations from the Unlawful Assembly Brewery? Check out the third floor Taproom inside Legacy Hall