by Claire Monahan
Riscky’s was founded in 1927 by Polish immigrants, Mary and Joe Riscky, who opened its first location – Riscky’s Grocery & Market – on Azle Avenue on the northside of Fort Worth, Texas. This original location is still open and operating today after four generations of Riscky family ownership.
“After 91 years of operation, we are proud that Riscky’s has maintained the tradition and legacy it was founded upon,” said Eddie Sullivan, co-owner of Riscky’s. “Our original location on Azle Avenue is still open and operating today, and our barbeque is still slow-smoked using the using the decades-old, original post oak wood-burning pits. But we listen and value the opinions of our customers and are excited to provide them with more variety and some tasty new options.”
Weeks after being named ‘Best BBQ’ in Fort Worth Magazine’s ‘Best of Fort Worth 2018,’ Riscky’s, a Fort Worth barbeque legend since 1927, has unveiled several new modern menu additions at its six (6) Riscky’s Barbeque locations throughout Tarrant County.
In addition, Riscky’s has debuted new menu items at its upscale Riscky’s Steakhouse, and at its burger shop, Trailboss Burgers, both located in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards.
New items at Riscky’s Barbeque include:
- Brisket Bites: Named ‘Best Appetizer’ in Fort Worth Magazine’s ‘Best of Fort Worth 2018,’ Brisket Bites are pieces of smoked prime brisket deep-fried in a seasoned batter and served with Riscky’s all-new homemade barbecue ranch
- Patrón Smoked Sea Salt Margarita: Patrón tequila margarita made with Grand Marnier and Cointreau with Riscky’s signature ‘Pecan Smoked Sea Salt’ around the rim
- Pecan Smoked Sea Salt: Coarse salt smoked over pecan wood – ideal for seasoning steaks, vegetables, seafood, and baked potatoes (will be available for purchase online and in-store late summer)
New items at Trailboss Burgers include:
- Herd Burger: 8 oz. certified Angus beef, fully dressed and topped with cheese on a toasted bun
- Philly Steak Sandwich: Thinly sliced, tender flat iron steak with sautéed peppers, grilled onions, and melted Swiss cheese in a hoagie roll
New items at Riscky’s Steakhouse include:
- Bone-In Filet: Thick, tender cut of certified Angus prime bone-in filet seasoned to perfection, cooked and served with the bone in for enhanced flavor
- Bone-In Strip: Thick-cut, juicy strip steak seasoned with ‘Riscky Dust,’ cooked and served with the bone in for additional flavor and tenderness