by Steven Doyle
We have been building up to this for weeks now, and Savor Dallas is finally here. Click away to see the various events that are available for you to enjoy, culminating to the wonderful International Tasting we enjoy each year with a bevy of chef tastings and plenty of incredible wines to sample. This is like the Super Bowl of foodie events in the North Texas area, and you will want to savor every bit of the events on schedule.
In addition to all the fun events, organizers, who include Jim White and Vicki Briley-White, they play host to many VIP’s that come in literally from around the world. These VIP’s might include chefs, winemakers and national media. What do the organizers do with these people when they aren’t savoring? They show them around Dallas. Mostly they go to restaurants. If you would like to be a VIP, we somehow came upon the list of where they are going this week. Check these hot spots out:
- Lark on the Park (and to see Klyde Warren Park)
- Chino Chinatown (and to preview Trinity Groves)
- Sammy’s Bar-B-Q
- Stampede 66 and Stephan Pyles (to meet a king of Southwestern cuisine)
- Campuzano for Mexican food
- They also will get a guided tour of the Rory Meyers Children’s Garden before going to Savor at the Arboretum and have a walking tour of the Arts District conducted by Catherine Cuellar.
- Some may get in a tour of the Perot Museum
In addition to the intel leak, we also scored a few extra MEDIA passes to the Grand International Tasting on Saturday evening, which begins at 7pm. The special passes are valued at $120 each, and we have two to give away. To win this lovely prize, merely make a clever comment below and you will automatically be entered into the random drawing.
You may purchase your tickets now at the Savor Website. Many of the events are already sold out. We will draw the names before Friday afternoon, March 21st. Good luck!