The good people who own Flying Saucer and Bird Cafe have plenty of nifty brew events on the near horizon. We have a list so you may make plans accordingly. Also note that both Bird Café and all DFW Saucers will host world-renowned beer expert and author, Stephen Beaumont for a series of locally focused tastings and book signings of his new book “Pocket Beer Guide 2015: The World’s Best Craft and Traditional Beers,” during the first week of October. For all Flying Saucer events check out their website for more details.
- Flying Saucer on the Lake: Brewers Foursome with Stephen Beaumont Tuesday, Oct. 7 at 6 p.m.
Beaumont will lead a tastings and discussions about brews with representatives from Deschutes Brewing Co., Founders Brewing Co., Real Ale Brewing Co. and Rahr & Sons Brewing Co.
- Addison Flying Saucer: Beer Tasting & Book Signing with Stephen Beaumont Wednesday, Oct. 8 at 6 p.m.
Beaumont will lead tastings and discussions about five rare brews (paired with small plates) including North Coast Brewing Co.’s Old Stock Ale 2012; Community Brewing Co.’s Trinity Tripel; Prairie Artisan Ales’ Coffee Noir; Schlenkerla’s Oak Smoke; and Del Ducato’s Nuova Mattina.
- Bird Café in Fort Worth: Five-Course Pairdiné and Book Signing with Stephen Beaumont Thursday, Oct. 9 at 6:30 p.m.
The dinner will feature a five-course menu created by Chef David McMillan and paired with fine wine, spirits and craft beers specially selected by Beaumont.
- Fort Worth Flying Saucer: Local Brewers Summit hosted by Stephen Beaumont Friday, Oct. 10 at 7 p.m.
Beaumont will lead a tasting and discussion with some of DFW’s best local brewers, including Wim Bens from Lakewood Brewing Co.; Jamie Fulton of Community Brewing; Grant Wood of Revolver Brewing; Cody Martin, Martin House Brewing; and Craig Mycoskie of Rahr &Sons
- Fort Worth Flying Saucer BeerFeast 2014: Stephen Beaumont Book Signing Saturday, Oct. 11, 4 to 5 p.m.
Beaumont will host a meet and greet and book signing for festival attendees. BeerFeast 2014 is a beer festival featuring 40 breweries, 65+ craft brews. BeerFeast dates and times below:
- Flying Saucer Fort Worth – Oct. 11, 1 to 7 p.m., Sundance Square Plaza
- Flying Saucer on the Lake – Oct. 18, 1 to 7 p.m., Lake Ray Hubbard