The Hill, a modern mixed-use development located in a historic shopping center at North Central Expressway and Walnut Hill Lane in Dallas, brings a multitude of unique restaurants and eclectic retail to North Dallas.
The Hill offers a creative enclave of distinctive restaurants, shops and gathering spaces in an unparalleled ambiance. The Hill’s authentic, funky, and preservation-minded design is attributed to the developers maintaining the integrity of the unique 1970s architecture, and transforming the historic space into a walkable sequence of proprietor-driven shops and restaurants with a decidedly “un-mall” feel.
With 200,000 square feet of existing retail space including a dynamic interior courtyard, The Hill brings welcoming green space and outdoor gathering areas to the neighborhood. Adding to the unique design, local artists were curated to provide a mix of murals and artwork which will be placed throughout the outdoor spaces, pathways and courtyard area. The Hill also boasts 40,000 square feet of office space within the unconventional environment.
The Hill announces an extensive lineup of soon-to-open restaurants, many of which are new to the Dallas market. Opening today, December 11, Tacodeli, an Austin-based taqueria, is the newest tenant to call The Hill home. Additional restaurants will open in Spring 2018 with the majority fully opened by Summer 2018.
All signed future restaurant tenants, each distinct and thoughtfully curated for The Hill, are listed below:
- Tacodeli, an Austin-based taqueria that makes unique tacos from organic, fresh and locally sourced ingredients.
- Bella Green, a chef-inspired eatery that focuses on being good for the earth as well as the body by using the freshest and finest ingredients.
- Civil Pour, a specialty coffee shop and craft beer cellar, offering the best of both beverages in an inviting mid-century modern space.
- Hat Creek Burger, fast-casual burger patio serving burgers, fries and shakes in a fun and family-friendly atmosphere.
- Luna Grill, a new twist on Mediterranean food with a menu of wraps, salads and plates focused on quality, freshness and healthful ingredients.
- Unleavened, a fresh take on a casual neighborhood café, serving health-conscious food items like wraps, salads and bowls for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
With an emphasis on conservation and sustainability, The Hill will offer various green initiatives throughout the development including a property-wide restaurant composting station, renewable energy phone charging stations, a recycling program and native landscaping. A distinct feature of the development will be 12 Tesla parking spaces, six of which are charger stalls, marking The Hill as the first dedicated station in Dallas outside of Tesla dealerships.
Newly opened TreeHouse Dallas, the world’s first energy-positive home improvement store, anchors The Hill. Additional retail already opened at The Hill includes Houndstooth Coffee, a solar-powered coffee shop, Nazca Kitchen, a South American restaurant with cocktails, wine and a patio, and recently remodeled Red Hot & Blue Beer Garden, featuring barbecue and live music in an upscale dining experience.
Additional retailers to join The Hill in the next few months include:
- Boardroom Salon for Men, the ultimate relaxing grooming experience for men, offering a masculine place for haircuts, shaves or spa service.
- Mattison Salon, a one-stop-beauty-shop featuring individual suites for a variety of beauty professionals, including makeup artists, hair salons, massage therapists, nail specialists and estheticians.
Located in the heart of Dallas at 8041 Walnut Hill Lane, The Hill aims to connect to the surrounding community and meet the everyday needs of the Preston Hollow, Lake Highlands and Lakewood neighborhoods.