Yardbird Southern Table & Bar will open the doors to their new Dallas location (2121 N. Pearl St.) to the public on Monday, March 16. This will be the fifth location globally of the James Beard Award-nominated and highly-acclaimed concept by 50 Eggs Hospitality Group.
Powered by award-winning restaurateur and 50 Eggs Hospitality Group Founder & CEO John Kunkel, Yardbird Southern Table & Bar is a house of worship to farm-fresh ingredients, a hailed bourbon selection, and top-notch hospitality while serving up a fresh, inventive take on classic, regional Southern fare seven days a week. Their fan-favorite brunch with all the fixings will be dished up on the weekends.
“I have family in Dallas, so being able to introduce the culture and cuisine Yardbird is known for to this special city is like coming home in a sense,” said Kunkel. “Combining our chef-driven atmosphere with beautiful interior design by our partners at Rockwell Group, we are elated to deliver a fusion of old and new Southern charm to the community.”
Some of Yardbird’s signature dishes include:
- Lewellyn’s fine fried chicken – All-natural chicken made with a 27-hour brining process and dredged in Kunkel’s grandma’s secret recipe of spices and flours
- Chicken ‘n’ watermelon ‘n’ waffles – Honey hot sauce, chilled spiced watermelon, Vermont sharp cheddar cheese waffle, bourbon maple syrup
- Shrimp ‘n’ grits – Seared shrimp, roasted tomatoes, Virginia ham, red onions, Nora Mill grits, PBR jus
- Fried green tomato BLT – House-smoked pork belly, pimento cheese, frisée, smoky tomato jam, lemon vinaigrette
- Classic buttermilk biscuits– Honey butter and house-made jam
- Deviled eggs – Dill, chives, smoked trout roe
The cocktail program highlights fresh fruit juices, herbs, spices, and bourbon, bringing the bar program to the forefront of mixology and underscoring the appeal of brown spirits. From small
batch and experimental releases, to exceptionally hard to find classics, Yardbird has one of the country’s finest curated collections of bourbon with over 75 standouts available to choose from, along with exclusive infusions including dark chocolate, bacon, and bananas. Signature cocktails include:
- Blackberry bourbon lemonade -Wild Turkey bourbon, blackberry purée, fresh lemon, cardamom, Angostura Bitters
- Southern Peach– Wild Turkey bourbon, Aperol, fresh lemon, thyme, white peach puree, and sweet tea
- Yardbird Old Fashioned– Pork belly infused Wild Turkey 81, Angostura Bitters, orange bitters, and maple syrup
- Violet Beauregarde -A Blueberry Anise Old Fashioned made with Patron Tequila, Veev Acai with Peychaud’s, lemon bitters
Designed by award-winning, interdisciplinary architecture and design firm, Rockwell Group, the Dallas location will be unique, drawing inspiration from contemporary industrial details and the communal aspects of southern dining with lush indoor and outdoor seating. A wraparound patio with wooden latticework and swing seating welcomes guests before entering the dining room, or drawing room. The open-plan dining space provides a light, bright, yet industrial aesthetic with large, street-facing picture windows, open kitchen, and materials like blackened metal finishes, polished rivets, and mesh drapery.
The restaurant will also house a second-level private tasting room featuring rustic wood ceilings, an illuminated millwork wine cellar, and quirky, brass “chicken feet” decor. Long, wooden communal tables, metal rivet work, and painted vintage mirrors will create a festive atmosphere for intimate occasions.
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar Dallas will be open for lunch, happy hour, dinner, and weekend brunch. For more information, please visit runchickenrun.com and follow on social at facebook.com/YardbirdSouthern and @YardbirdSouthern on Instagram.