The chefs behind Sumo Shack, Wabi House, Monkey King Noodle Company, Four Sister (soon to open in Fort Worth) and Khao Noodle Shop (a pop up) have come together to present an evening of Asian street foods from four distinct cuisines – Chinese, Japanese, Laotian, Vietnamese:
Chef Dien Nguyen from Wabi House / Sumo Shack
Chef Andrew Chen from Monkey King Noodle Company
Chef Tuan Pham from Four Sisters, taste of Vietnam (coming soon)
Chef Donny Sirisavath (Donny Darkoo) from DonDarkooPopups
Each chef will make two items for the menu that will showcase their Asian specialties and/or cuisines from their childhood – for that evening only!
The pop up will be held at Monkey King Noodle Co. in Carrollton on Wednesday, July 26th at 1309 S Broadway St, Carrollton, TX 75006. Food will be served at 5 pm and goes on until everything is sold out. No reservations are needed or accepted. All orders will be take-out and it is first come, first serve on orders & seating. There are plenty of indoor and patio communal seating.
What to expect on the menu
• Ketchup fried rice with Hong Kong style sausage “A very first generation Chinese dish that probably every Chinese kid that grew up in the States has had at some point in their childhood”
• Brisket burnt end egg rolls (A vegan egg roll option is available)
Chef Donny Sirisavath
• Boat Noodles with handmade noodles.
• Lao version of Musubi. Lao pork sausage with sticky rice, served with a eggplant dip, alongside with tripe rinds and veggies. (Vegetarian version is available for both)
Chef Tuan Pham (former Chef of Shinjuku Station)
• Lemongrass grilled Pork Skewers (Thit Heo Nuong Xa)
• Grilled sugarcane shrimp sticks (Chao Tom)
“I am planning to set up on the grill like the way they do it in Vietnam (stack the meat in a huge pile around the coals) and brush it with a thin glaze over the fire. “
Chef Dien Nguyen