Some partnerships are just meant to be.
Next week, a collaboration in the making for nearly a quarter-century will be unveiled, as Fireside Pies introduces the first wave of exclusive menu items created by award-winning Chef Stephan Pyles.
Dubbed “Fireside by Pyles,” this one-of-a-kind, international culinary journey features an adventurous artisan menu of seasonal dishes inspired by Chef Pyles’ travels around the globe.
“After leaving four decades of owning and operating restaurants behind me, I knew, for my own sanity, I had to stay involved in creative culinary projects,” Chef Pyles said. “But at this point, I can be very selective and work with operations whom I truly respect and admire. Fireside Pies is just such a place.”
Beginning Sept. 17 at its Inwood location, Fireside Pies will debut the following innovative dishes for dine-in, online ordering and curbside pickup:
- Smoked Tomato Gazpacho – Slow, pecan-smoked vegetables blended with sherry vinegar and topped with an Italian pico and garlic croutons.
- Piselli Salad – English green peas with Daily’s Bacon lardons, fontina and dill, served with prosciutto andherbed crostini.
- Shrimp Ceviche – Chilled shrimp marinated in fresh lime juice with passion fruit, coconut milk and basil.
- Chipotle Short Ribs with Pappardelle Noodles – Beef short ribs slowly braised in the wood oven with Chipotle BBQ served with house-made butter Pappardelle noodles and Parmesan.
- Salmon with Butternut Squash Polenta – Wood-roasted salmon served with butternut squash-mascarpone and fennel-hazelnut salad. (Available for dine-only.)
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza – Available for purchase on any Fireside Pie.
- Oaxacan Clayuda – Large flour tortilla topped with slow-cooked cumin black beans, queso fresco and avocado.
- Vietnamese Pizza – Crispy rice paper topped with artisan sausage, caramelized onions and chile aioli.
- Chicken Crust Pizza – Keto chicken pizza crust topped with your choice of ingredients.
- Chocolate Bacon Bourbon Cake – Four-layered decadent blend of chocolate, Daily’s Bacon and Maker’s Mark bourbon to create a rich and moist cake.
“I’ve been friends with Mark Parmalee, the owner of Fireside Pies, for more than 25 years, and it has always been a dream of ours to work together,” Chef Pyles continued. “Mark suggested that I collaborate with his resident culinary genius, Joe Bozarth, to see if we could come up with some truly special and innovative dishes to share with Fireside Pies’ guests. We proved to be a great team, and we’re both really proud of the items we’re introducing this month. I have a feeling ‘Fireside by Pyles’ is going to be a hit with Dallas diners.”
Often referred to as “the founding father of Southwestern cuisine,” Pyles began his award-winning career at The Great Chefs of France Cooking School at the Mondavi Winery, where he worked as Chef’s Assistant alongside several Michelin 3-star chefs, including Paul Bocuse, as well as Julia Child, who became his mentor and life-long friend. The fifth-generation Texan is a four-time cookbook author and was host of the Emmy-award winning PBS series New Tastes from Texas. He has cooked for six American Presidents, seven First Ladies and has earned several “Chef of the Year” honors. He has also won multiple James Beard Awards. Bon Appétit credited Pyles with “almost single-handedly changing the cooking scene in Texas,” while The New York Times called him “an absolute genius in the kitchen.” The Dallas Morning News declared, “If anyone can lead this town to its next level of culinary evolution, it’s Stephan Pyles.”
“It’s been the experience of a lifetime to work side-by-side in the kitchen with Chef Pyles,” said Bozarth, Fireside’s Director of Operations. “Fireside Pies is well-known for its cozy atmosphere, rustic cooking and handcrafted cocktails, but it’s often mislabeled as a pizza joint. ‘Fireside by Pyles’ will help broaden our appeal by showcasing a wide array of international cuisine, while staying true to our brand. We plan to keep our guests on their toes with even more exceptional flavors and innovative dishes in the months ahead.”
The “Fireside by Pyles” menu will be available beginning Sept. 17 at Fireside Pies Inwood, Sept. 23 at Fireside Pies Lakewood, Sept. 24 at Fireside Pies Plano, Sept. 30 at Fireside Pies Grapevine and Oct. 1 at Fireside Pies Fort Worth. Chef Pyles will make a special appearance during dinner service on the evening of each debut! To contact the location nearest you, visit firesidepies.com/locations.
The entire menu at Fireside Pies is made from scratch using high-quality ingredients. Each restaurant mirrors the character of its neighborhood, so no two are the same, but all evoke the soul of heartfelt rustic cooking, genuine hospitality and the joyous spirit of a great gathering place.