The iconic Euro-Mediterranean bazaar and eatery in Plano’s iconic Legacy West, Darna Mediterranean Eatery and Bar is proud to unveil its new name (formerly Darna Mediterranean Eatery and Market), menu features and happy hour offerings.
“I believe that evolution is essential in any culinary journey. At Darna especially, we’ve always chosen to embrace change because we believe it is the essence of growth and improvement,” said Yaser Khalaf, Owner of Darna and CEO of Yela Concepts. “The new features align with our vision to be more than just a restaurant; we want to be the heart of cherished moments and truly craft an environment where food becomes a shared experience, so we are confident that guests will love the new features as much as we do.”
Renowned for its commitment to delivering a diverse range of Mediterranean flavors in a warm and inviting atmosphere, Darna has been a cherished fixture in the North Texas dining scene since opening in May of 2022 and is eager to welcome new and returning customers to experience the exciting fresh features.
Included in the revamp is a redesigned and refreshed menu that offers a range of new entrees, craft cocktails and more alongside some of Darna’s classic favorites:
New Food Features ~
- Tunisian Beet Salad –
- Wild arugula, roasted purple & yellow beets, pinked onion, orange segments, mint, pistachio, herbed goat cheese
- Moroccan Rainbow Carrots –
- Labneh, hot honey, pistachios
- Sicilian Square Pizzas –
- Range of flavors: Margherita, Beef Pepperoni, Chicken Pesto, Mediterranean Vegetables
- Seafood Paella –
- Mediterranean vegetables, lamb sausage, scallops, salmon & shrimp
New Cocktails and Mocktails ~
- Garden of Gibraltar
- Tito’s Vodka, St Germain, lime, cucumber, Mediterranean spice, fresh herbs
- Amalfi Punch
- Bacardi Superior Rum, pineapple, lime, orange, pomegranate, mint
- Barrel Aged Old Fashioned
- Maker’s Mark Bourbon, Amaro Montenegro, sugar, aromatic & orange bitters
- Sicilian Spritz
- Aperol, Caravella Limoncello, Prosecco, Fever Tree Sparkling Sicilian Lemonade
In addition to the innovative menu features, Darna has also introduced a new happy hour menu that offers $1 pizza slices per drink from the cocktail, beer, wine and mocktail menu Monday through Friday from 3pm to 6pm.
Lastly, the restaurant will be pivoting from market and to-go offerings to prioritize a more immersive, social dining experience. The Turkish coffee bar and to-go pastries will remain available.