Qupé has been deemed one of the “Wineries of the Year” for Wine & Spirits Magazine every year since 1999. On Wednesday, Oct. 25, veteran wine maker Bob Lindquist will guide guests through a five-course meal paired with wine selected from his award-winning winery to complement each dish at Sixty Vines in Plano. The special prix fixe menu will be served family style and features:
- Ahi Tuna Carpaccio – pickled breakfast radishes, toasted sesame seeds, olive oil, sea salt, lime zest and lime vinaigrette paired with 2015 Qupé Marsanne 75% / Roussanne 25%
- Scotch Bonnet Egg Salad – chiffonade kale, warm bacon vinaigrette, crisped prosciutto and candied walnuts paired with 2015 Qupé Chardonnay, Bien Nacido Y Block
- Duck Confit Tortellini – crisped maitakes, mirepoix, garlic and mushroom broth paired with 2012 Qupé Grenache, Sawyer Lindquist Vineyard
- CA Style Smoked Beef Tri-Tip – rutabaga and carrot mash, red wine and bone marrow butter and crisped Swiss chard paired with 2010 Qupé Syrah, Bien Nacido Hillside Estate
- Petit Fours – apricot and chocolate rainbow cookies, blue cheesecake bites and plum tartlets paired with 2007 Qupé Syrah, Bien Nacido Hillside Estate
Lindquist was one of the first to advocate American-made Syrah and other Rhône varietals such as Grenache, Roussanne and Marsanne. He has been a leader in the movement producing world-class editions since the early 1980s and continues his quest with the same zeal he started with.
“Our wines focus on quality, character and balance,” said Lindquist. “We specialize in Rhône-style wines from the Bien Nacido Vineyard in Santa Maria, that is farmed sustainable, the Sawyer Lindquist Vineyard in the Edna Valley, farmed biodynamically, and the Ibarra-Young Vineyard in Los Olivos, farmed organically. I’m looking forward to sharing my knowledge and passion for wine with Sixty Vines’ guests on Wednesday.”
Sixty Vines’ special Wine Dinner will be served at 7 p.m. and is priced at $95 per adult (excluding tax and gratuity). Vine Huggers members may enjoy the dinner for just $85 per adult. For reservations, call 469.620.VINE or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sixty Vines is located at 3701 Dallas Pkwy in Plano. The restaurant features more than 60 wines by the glass and over 40 wines on tap, including Sixty Vines’ own ultra-premium private-label wines.