photos by Joey Stewart
The Hot Honey Fried Chicken special is available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout August and September. This delicious plate consists of a thai marinated chicken fried until crispy, drizzled with thai chili hot honey, and served with a yuzu kosho potato salad. It’s a LORO spin on the classic summer backyard BBQ. The Hot Honey Fried Chicken costs $17.50 and is available for dine-in, to-go and delivery.
The Lunch Special launched the beginning of August and is available daily from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm through September 3. The three-course lunch consists of a choice of appetizer, main, and a LORO signature chocolate chip cookie.
- Appetizers (choice of one):
- Crunchy Sweet Corn Fritter – sriracha aioli, cilantro
- Arugula & Melon Salad – cucumber, tomato, lime vinaigrette
- Crunchy Cabbage Salad – cashew-ginger vinaigrette, cucumber, lemon zest
- Main (choice of one):
- Caramelized Onion-Cheddar Burger – arugula, yuzu 1000 island, spicy cucumber pickle, brioche
- Pulled Pork Sandwich – papaya salad, peanuts, yuzu kosho aioli, Thai herbs
- Rice Bowls – coconut-scented rice, seasonal pickles, Thai herbs with a choice of protein (chicken, salmon, or tofu)
- Dessert: Chocolate Chip Cookie – salted toffee, almonds
We checked out the latest at Loro and we were summarily impressed as all the restaurants under the Tyson Cole and Aaron Franklin umbrella.
The menu is tight with killer options that tantalize but don’t overwhelm . The Franklin brisket is as you remember from your visit at the Austin staple. Tender, delicious, smoky and it will beckon you for a return visit sans a two-hour line.